Monday, November 18, 2013

Only at LSE

Just wanted to share a few conversations I've had over the past few days that are pretty unique to the atmosphere at LSE...

1. A heated argument about QE in the US. One of my friends suggested that the Fed should've stopped with QE1, and thems fightin' words.
2. A discussion over the validity of purchasing power parity methods for comparing international GDP. Do all those 2$ a day statistics about global poverty take purchasing power parity into account?
3. A geek session about Scott Sumner and unorthodox monetary policy. Forward guidance? Psssshhhhh get back to me when we have some NGDP targeting!
4. Yet another heated argument, this time about the suitability of Germany's export strategy for long term growth. And with a German, no less! I wasn't directly involved in this one, but it did go on for a good fifteen minutes.

3 comments:

Cliff Mulder said...

Now I know you are a good fit for LSE!

Cliff Mulder said...

Now I know you are a good fit for LSE!

Cliff Mulder said...

You mean there are other people who talk like you???? Nice!.....from mom