Thursday, July 11, 2013

"...Like Clockwork"

I'm writing this post from Washington, D.C. I'm planning on writing an update of my activities once I have time to do a proper post this weekend. Suffice it to say I'm having fun so far!

Until I get a D.C post up, I wanted to draw some attention to the new Queens of the Stone Age album that I've been listening to for the past month or so, ...Like Clockwork. Queens of the Stone Age was one of the first bands I listened to...but I didn't really start listening to music until I started playing Rock Band (as in the video game) my freshmen or sophomore year of high school. So, I got in on the whole QOTSA scene rather late. This is the first time I've been around for the release of one of their albums.

I was impressed by ...Like Clockwork. I think the consensus over at meta critic is generally correct; this is a good album, but not quite as good as Songs for the Deaf. My favorite track is Smooth Sailing, and My God is the Sun captures the feel of the album.




No comments: